H-4 Holders Can File for EAD Beginning May 26, 2015

As expected, The Office of Management and Budget has now approved the long awaited final rule that will allow certain H-4 spouses to apply for an employment authorization document (EAD). The final rule will be effective as of May 26, 2015. 

H-4 spouses will be able to apply for an EAD as long as:

(1) the principal H-1B worker has an approved I-140, or

(2) an extended H-1B status beyond the 6-year limitation that is either based upon a PERM labor certification application or a I-140 petition that has been pending for at least one year.

Reddy and Neumann P.C. will post any updates regarding the H-4 EAD rules as soon as they become available.


Reddy & Neumann, P.C. is an immigration law firm in Houston, Texas. For over 15 years, our firm has successfully represented corporate clients across the United States in their efforts to bring foreign workers and business professionals to the United States. Reddy & Neumann, P.C. is highly experienced in working with employment-based visas, adjustment of status, green cards, and PERM labor certification. From filing, through approval, and on to appeal, we do everything possible to ensure that your company can bring the best and brightest in the world to the United States.