Correcting Errors on your I-94

After entering the country from traveling abroad, you go to access your electronic I-94 online at the Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) website. As you stare at the screen, you realize your I-94 has an error on it, or are completely unable to pull up your I-94 at all.

In previous years, the only way to have an error on your I-94 corrected was to go to your local Deferred Inspection Office. Now, a number of CBP Deferred Inspection sites offer an online service where you can simply send them an email to make corrections on your I-94. CBP’s Deferred Inspections Sites list includes email addresses for I-94 correction requests at certain Inspection offices. Below is the list of documents and information necessary to email to CBP when requesting a correction:

  1. Copy of the biographical page of your passport that was presented at the moment of arrival (both old and new passports, if applicable);
  2. Copy of the United States Visa, if applicable;
  3. Copy of the Admission stamp in your passport;
  4. Boarding pass or flight information;
  5. Address and telephone number in the United States
  6. If the correction is requested by anyone other than passenger, submission of Form DHS-590, Authorization to Release Information to Another Person is required.

For more information, please contact Rahul Reddy at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

By: Rahul Reddy


Rahul is the founding partner of Reddy & Neumann P.C. His practice covers employment-based immigration, in which he represents corporate clients in far-ranging industries.

11000 Richmond Avenue, Suite 600, Houston, Texas 77042
+1 713 953

Site by | Copyright © 2011 Reddy Neumann, P.C.