Reddy & Neumann, P.C.’s I-9 services protect your business from the potential consequences of worksite noncompliance related to the hire and retention of employees. Our firm guides employers to ensure full compliance with all Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification requirements by conducting internal audits of a company’s records, processes, and procedures.
Employers have witnessed a tremendous increase in U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) I-9 audits. In order to avoid federal sanctions in the face of an I-9 audit, employers should ensure all I-9 eligibility forms are properly completed and retained. To guarantee full compliance with federal regulations, employers should always implement proper hiring processes and procedures and provide I-9 compliance training to those responsible for the hiring and retention of the company’s employees.
At Reddy & Neumann, our team provides employers with a variety of services related to I-9 compliance, including:
- A complete review of the company’s I-9 documents for technical, procedural and substantive errors;
- Guidance on lawfully correcting errors on Form I-9;
- An evaluation of the company’s I-9 and E-Verify profile including the company’s hiring processes and procedures;
- An evaluation of HR training requirements pertaining to I-9 and E-Verify compliance;
- An evaluation on the company’s record retention and storage policy to ensure compliance with federal requirements;
- Advice regarding the pros and cons of enrollment in E-Verify;
- Representation in the event of a Notice of Inspection issued by ICE
All employers are impacted to some extent by the new emphasis on worksite compliance because all employers must verify work authorization by completing I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification forms for each employee. Further, employers who hire foreign workers on temporary work visas should be well-versed in additional I-9 re-verification requirements.
If you are in need of a US work visa or permanent residency, speak with one of our immigration lawyers. Please contact us online, call our Houston business immigration attorney office directly at 713-953-7787, or schedule a consultation.