Skip to Content

The immigration process is an important pipeline in today’s global economy. While it can be complex, working with a law firm that understands how to navigate the system can help your business hire the right people and professionals in various industries develop their careers. 

Employment-related problems can cost you time and money. At Reddy Neumann Brown PC, we’re dedicated to helping businesses and professionals navigate the immigration system quickly and efficiently. We work with a broad spectrum of professionals and businesses 

H-1B Visas

The H-1B visa is for non-immigrant workers who will be in the United States temporarily and employed in a specialty occupation. It is typically used for professionals who have at least a bachelor’s degree in a specific field of study that is required by the occupation. H1-B visas are the most commonly used visa for employment-related entrance to the United States, and as a result, there are annual quotas that limit the number that are issued every year.  

L-1 Visas

L-1 visas are available to non-immigrant employees of international companies with offices in the United States and other countries. There are two specific types of L-1 visas: 

  • The L-1A visa for executive or management employees; 
  • The L-1B visa for specialized knowledge employees.

These visas allow international companies to transfer talent from one office to another. One of the benefits of the L-1 visa is that there is no quota, unlike with H-1B visas. 

Canadian and Mexican Professionals (TN Visa)

Available only to citizens of Canada and Mexico, TN visas were created as part of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). However, it is available only to specific professions such as the following: 

  • Accountants
  • Architects
  • Engineers
  • Lawyers
  • Consultants

There are 60 specific professions that qualify for TN visas. 

The E-Visa: Traders and Investors

E-visas are available to traders and investors from countries that have a treaty of commerce with the United States. Generally speaking, you must be an investor or manager with a controlling interest in the company or an essential employee on travel to the United States for the purpose of directing the operating of the business. 

Immigration for Professionals Who Are Leaders in Their Fields (O-1A Visa)

O-1A visas are available to professionals who are at the top of their field, having demonstrated extraordinary abilities or international success in their chosen fields. O-1A visas are generally available only to those who are recognized as the top of their field in athletics, arts, business, education, or the sciences. 

Temporary Business Visitors: The B-1 Visa

If you are traveling to the United States to participate in a specific business or commercial activity, you may be able to qualify for a B-1 visa. These visas are available to those who are entering the United States to engage in activities such as the following: 

  • Negotiating a contract
  • Participate in a training program
  • Attending a conference
  • Settling an estate, real estate closing, or other deal

Student Visa (F Visa) 

An F-1 visa is reserved for academic students to enter the country as a full-time student at an accredited college, university, seminary, conservator, academic high school, elementary school, or other academic institution. F-1 students may receive work authorization during their program (CPT) or upon graduation (OPT and STEM OPT extension) in order to facilitate further training related to their degree program at a U.S. employer.

Work with Reddy Neumann Brown PC

It can be difficult and complicated to obtain a work visa for the United States, but with the correct help and advice, it can be a fruitful and life-changing opportunity. Our immigration lawyers in Houston have the expertise to help you with the application procedure and assist you in achieving your professional objectives in the United States. In order to assist you in obtaining the work visa you require, we are committed to offering individualized and trustworthy solutions. To arrange a consultation and find out how we can help you with your U.S. work visa application, get in touch with us right now.

In today’s global economy, being able to navigate the immigration process is critical to your business success. If you are in need of a US work visa or permanent residency, speak with one of our immigration lawyers. Please contact us online, call our Houston business immigration attorney office directly at 713-953-7787, or schedule a consultation.