What is N-400?
Form N-400 is an application for U.S. citizenship. Our office is available to assist N-400 applicants, throughout the entire process, from assembling application materials to interview preparation.
What is the General Process for Citizenship
- Determination of your eligibility to apply for citizenship.
- Complete the N-400 application.
- Have two passport-style photographs taken.
- Collect the necessary documents.
- Submit the application package with the required filing fee.
- Receive an appointment letter for biometric services from USCIS.
- Visit a USCIS fingerprinting location and have fingerprints taken.
- Receive an appointment for an interview with a USCIS Officer.
- Go to your local USCIS office at the specified time. At the appointment you will bring state-issued identification, Permanent Resident Card, any additional documents specific to your case, and answer questions about your application and background.
- Take the English and civics tests.
- Await a decision on your case.
If you are in need of a US work visa or permanent residency, speak with one of our immigration lawyers. Please contact us online, call our Houston business immigration attorney office directly at 713-953-7787, or schedule a consultation.