Upcoming Webinar: How to Avoid I-9 Fines Like a Pro
Reddy & Neumann, P.C. invites you to join our free webinar:
“How to Avoid I-9 Fines Like a Pro”
Wednesday, August 18th, 2021 from 1:00pm to 2:00pm CST.
All employers are required to complete Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of hired workers. Mistakes on this seemingly simple 2-page form can lead to hefty civil fines if an employer is hit with an I-9 audit by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employer compliance is key to avoid I-9 civil fines for substantive paperwork violations, which range from $234 to $2,332 per violation. Fines for knowingly hiring or continuing to employ unauthorized workers range from $583 to $4,667 for first time offenses.
Our webinar will provide your business with essential information to avoid I-9 fines like a pro! Specifically, this webinar will include:
• How to properly complete Form I-9
• Common errors found during an I-9 self-audit
• Overview of the ICE audit process, from Notice of Inspection to Notice of Intent to Fine
• Overview of how I-9 fines are calculated
• Options after ICE issues a Notice of Intent to Fine
• Temporary I-9 policies related to COVID-19