Skip to Content
Return to Videos

Elimination of Per- Country Limit: Bipartisan Eagle Act Introduced

Video Transcript

Elimination of Per- Country Limit: Bipartisan Eagle Act Introduced.
Why is Immigration in the USA so Complex?
Adjustment of Status vs Consular Processing
Per-Country Limit in Employment-Based Immigration Explained
Reddy Neumann Brown PC provides a Free Daily Zoom Conference where you can speak to an attorney to get answers to your basic immigration questions. For the call schedule, visit:

if you would like to schedule an in-depth consultation with a Reddy & Neumann attorney, you can schedule an appointment online at:

Reference links:
Visa Bulletin cutoff dates may advance significantly in October 2021 for Eb-2 and Eb-3 India, If you anticipate that your priory date my become current this October, for a limited time Reddy & Neumann PC. Is offering to prepare the entire I-485 Adjust of Status application package now.
Click the link to get further information.

Perm Labor approval & I-140 Petition (if you do not have I-140 petition and labor approval you can obtain the same from this link Please give your I-140 information and request for the I-140 Petition – note I-140 petition has your Perm Labor approval)
If you do not have Birth Certificate – please read this- samples provided.

Information provided on Facebook or YouTube Live should not be construed as legal advice for your specific situation. Nor does it constitute an engagement with Rahul Reddy, Emily Neumann, or Reddy Neumann Brown PC, or establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice on your situation, please contact an attorney immediately.

My wife is on depression medication, would there be any problem in getting the medicals done for the 485? 14:58
The USCIS website says they are working on the 485 from Dec. 2018 at the Texas service center. How does it work? Will they first finish the 2018 before they get to mine filed in 2020? 16:14
Is there a possibility for USCIS to allow filing dates for EB2 this fiscal year? 18:03
We applied for 485 in Oct. I have received my biometrics but my husband has not received his. Do you have any advice? 18:27
What are the real possibilities of this bill becoming law? 19:58
Has a EB3 downgrade that was filed for priority date 2013. My wife's H4 renewal has been pending since last July, if she gets the green card EAD for the downgrade can she use that to work? 21:50
Can I submit two separate 485 applications? 22:33
Has an approved I-140 and a 485 pending for 180 days, if I change jobs on H-1B, what does the new employer need to do if the priority date becomes current? 22:57
Should I downgrade right now? My priority date is 2015 23:40
If you do the downgrade can you still use the EB2? 24:10:00
Is currently on L1, & has an H-1B approved for consular processing. Her husband is working on L2 EAD but she needs to switch over to H-1B. When is the best time to switch & how?  26:28:00
His priority date is Nov 2012 EB3 India, biometrics is complete, he has received RFE for medicals but the priority date is not current. What does that mean? 28:11:00
Her husband is on H-1B with a valid I94 but the visa stamp has expired. Does this create a challenge for filing the 485 if the priority date becomes current?  29:19:00
With regards to the consular processing is it better to downgrade in advance or wait until the priority date becomes current? 30:07:00
Can I file the medicals before I receive the Rife & is there any negatives if I do this?  31:28:00
His 485 has been filed more than 180 days, EB3 approval is still pending can I change the job?  32:15:00
My EB2 I140 did not have my old priority date ported. 32:54:00
If the per country limit is eliminated is there any faster process for family based right now? 33:57:00
Marijuana stock, is that going to create any problem with the 485? 34:33:00
Has a PERM that was approved in May but also has the ability to recapture a priority date of 2015 from a previous employer. Should I file the 485 in EB3 to take advantage or file in EB2 & then downgrade? 35:40:00
Can EB2 priority date of Feb 2015 become current in Oct? 37:01:00
Do I have to file the PERM again if I change work locations with the same employer 6 months after filing the 485? 38:06:00
If this bill is passed what would be the priority date for EB2? 38:44:00
Could you suggest the best way to travel into the US for someone who is stuck in India due to the travel ban cause of the pandemic?  39:43:00
Can you explain the CSP, my daughter is 18.5 months, priority date is Feb 2014. Filed EB2 to EB3 last Oct. What are my options? 41:15:00
Priority date in 2016 & is getting married this Dec, if the dates move how do I add my spouse? 43:50:00
My priority date is May 2016 EB2, do you think my priority date will become current?  44:53:00
My priority date is 2017, filing EB3 downgrade can I expect the date? 45:16:00
Can EB2 NIW can it be downgraded to EB3? 47:06:00
Can we expect excess family based GC given to Employment based every year moving forward or is this the only year?  47:22:00
Priority date is Dec 2015 he got promoted from a developer to a manager how will this impact my 485 filing if the date becomes current? 48:36:00
Can you file a new EB3 I-140 & a 485 concurrently? 50:15:00
Does the affidavit for birth have a validity date & does it affect the 485 filing? 50:39:00
My attorney is telling me to wait to file the medical for an RFE. Does it have to be filed by the attorney or can I do it myself?  51:05:00
Lots of questions regarding EB2 priority date predictions, advice, downgrades, etc.  52:00:00
Has a travel issue, filed the 485 in EB3 downgrade in Oct and need to travel but the I-131 advance parole is still pending. Tried to do an expedite request & that was denied. Has a valid H-1b & H4 visa that is valid until August 2022. Knows that if you travel the I-131 be denied. Wants to know if this denial impact the decision for the 485? 53:05:00
My birth certificate registered in Feb 2013 is it acceptable valid birth certificate for the 485? 54:15:00
What's the process for a functional manager filing ? Is it different from EB2 & is it difficult to get? The attorney is suggesting to file EB2 first then try the functional manager. 55:25:00
If both EB2 & EB3 are current & both I-140 approvals are there, which one should you pick?  56:55:00
Is it advisable to apply for an H-1B tranfer with a new employer whe  you have a pending H-1B extension with an RFE? 59:18:00